A SEVEN-month-old baby was feared dead yesterday following a fire incident, which consumed a building at Ikota Housing Estate, in Lekki, Lagos State. The baby was said to have been locked up inside the house by his parents when the unfortunate incident occurred.
In a related development, a storey building at No. 22 Oduwole Street, Abule Odu Bus Stop, Egbeda, was gutted by fire. Spokesman of the Fire Service in Lagos, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe, noted that the quick intervention of fire service personnel prevented colossal loss in the two incidents.
Lagos State police spokesman, Offor Joe, told The Guardian the command was not aware of the incident.
Source: The Guardian Nigeria