President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Dikko Radda as Director-General of Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria, SMEDAN
Until his new appointment, he was Chief of Staff to the Katsina State Governor. Dikko Radda has a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics and Extension from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi. He obtained two Master’s Degrees in Agricultural Extension and in International Affairs and Diplomacy; and also doctor of philosophy in Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, all from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, between 1998 and 2015.
A statement from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawan, said the appointment is for a period of five years. He is to assume duty with immediate effect.
For the sake of readers, What is SMEDAN really about?
- Stimulating, Monitoring and Coordinating the development of the MSMEs sector,
- Initiating and articulating policy ideas for micro, small and medium enterprises growth and development,
- Promoting and facilitating development programmes, instruments and support services to accelerate the development and modernization of MSME operation.
- Serving as vanguard for rural industrialization, poverty reduction, job creatioin and enhance sustainable livelihoods.
- Linking SMEs to internal and external sources of finance, appropriate technology, technical skills as well as to large enterprises.
- promoting information and providing access to industrial infrastructure such as layouts, incubators, industrial parks.
- Intermediating between MSMEs and the Government. SMEDAN is the voice of the MSMEs.
- Working in concert with other institutions in both public and private sectors to create a good enabling environment of businesses in general, and MSME activities in particular
We have taken a cursory look at what SMEDAN is about juxtaposed with the qualification of the new man at the helm of affairs. From his many years of experience in building and maintaining a small and Medium business that has spanned over a decade, it is safe to assume that Mr Dikko Radda is capable of the job at hand.
Source: Vanguard Nigeria