Health they say is wealth; the need for health is the need of all both young and old, both for the rich and the poor alike. One of the best and often recommended ways to keep a health and maintain fitness is through exercising.
Due to this awareness, the need for a fitness training center is on the growth; there by creating an opportunity for smart investors to invest and make money consistently. Statistics indicates a strong business growth in this sector and it is time you invest and leverage on this business.
Therefore, you can make a huge amount of money daily, weekly, or monthly by providing gym/fitness services.
A gym/ fitness training business is a business targeted at providing personal training, fitness instructions with or without the use of fitness equipment to those interested in their healthy state and general fitness.
Are you thinking of a business to invest in?
You do not have to be a professional fitness trainer to start a this business but you need to have an interest in fitness and willing to adopt a fitness lifestyle. This is important in ensuring the success of the business.
There are two types of business services:
Personal trainers work one on one with their clients to create fitness plans specific to the client’s needs.
As a personal trainer, you may decide to run your business from your home, travel to client’s homes or meet them at a particular fitness center.
Fitness instructors guide groups through a variety of classes, including aerobics, kickboxing, step and strength training. If this is your desired approach, choose as much classes as you are comfortable with. You must also have a facility where you can teach your group class.
Follow the steps below to start a fitness training business
1. Get a business name- this is the first step as it will be your first impression, and the only thing that goes home with your customers. Chose a business name and in choosing one make it simple, short, creative and above all easy to pronounce and remember.
2. Get a business plan- this is a business that in day to day activities deals with customers, like most of other business will require a road map which is the business plan. The business plan will outline all the details needed to start and mange efficiently.
3. Goals- To start up this business you must first understand the goal behind every successful gym business. You must define your goals and work in line with it; it’s your set objective to accomplish.
4. Marketing strategy- It’s of a truth that this is a successful business for anyone to invest into but its also worthy of note that you’re not the only one planning to start it.
So, in other to be successful in this business, one must have a good and compelling marketing strategy that will keep you above the all, employ a most active strategy that will attract customers and keep them satisfied.
This section of our business plan helps you target your desired market( customers) and help you reach your desired client base, it will what to offer them and how to offer it to draw them to your center.
5. Pricing- You will believe me that this necessitate your earning, but still over pricing can be discouraging factor to customers and prospective customers.
6. Cost- I know this is what you might be skimming for, how much will it take to start? Many will ask how much, some might have stated I don’t have that capital. In setting up this business you don’t have to empty your bank account(s), you don’t need a large capital.
All you need is a good guide on how to start and that is why you will be needing our business plan and feasibility report on this said business as it will provide already outlined step and cost and totality of it.
Well the capital needed for this business depends on the level you would want to operate but to start successfully you will need a minimum of 150,000.
7. Location-getting a good location will help boost the business. It’s advisable and advantageous to locate your gym close to the road, parks, streets, or places where people can easily access it. A good apartment or ware house is ideal.
8. Equipment- The type of equipment needed will depend on the kind of gym you plan to set up ie. weight loosing, a yoga, rehabilitation, women- only, multi-sport complex, general fitness etc.
If you decide to render all the gym/fitness services, here are some equipment you could start with.
• Triceps rope –used for training triceps and shoulder.
• Body-solid bicep bomber
• Advanced fitness manta ray used for the neck to improve posture during squats
• Fat grips used to build up muscles and size of arms.
• Push ups/press up handle
• Trigger point ball used to reduce fatigues and pains
• Dual exercise Ab wheel used to train both upper and lower abdomen
• Speed rope used for cardio fitness
• Slip short hip circle used for hip and glute activation and strength support.
• Pro-source stack-able resistance bands etc
9. A gym attendant- employ a qualified and experience gym attendance and instructor if you can handle your customers efficiently.
10. Web presence- an email address and a website is very important for advertisement, information, complaints and contributions from customers/ intending customers. Also for payment acceptance for sometimes the customer might want to pay or register with you online therefore, a good manual and online register/record is needed.
Source: Abode Business